Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Rock and Roll Olympics

  1. #1
    Inactive Member garyg660's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29th, 2003
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone remember back in 1978 when the Runaways were on a TV special called somthing like "Rock and Roll Olympics." The special consisted of two teams of rock musicians. One of the captains was Phyllis Diller and the other was Sandy Duncan. I remember the Runaways (Joan, Sandy, Lita and Vicki) were on Sandy Duncans team. I can't remember many of the other musicians...I think there were members of Boston and Rod Stewart. I just remember that the Runaways won more 'medals' than anyone. (It seems like Joan won one and Sandy won two.) And I remember most of the competition (if not all) was co-ed! Whenever a band or band member would win a competition, they would show a brief video clip of them performing and whenever it was one of the Runaways, they showed them performing "School Days." It was great seeing the girls on t.v. and hearing the emcees say their names! Didn't know if anyone else has seen that special. Would also be interested if it's available anywhere on video!

  2. #2
    SCHEMESofNEON
    Guest SCHEMESofNEON's Avatar

    Post

    I remember seeing it. Think it was called "Rock an Roll sports classics" Leif Garrett( what a babe ) was on the same team as the girls...
    wasn't it 3 medals Sandy won?(bike competition w/Joan, won the 2 medals from the swimming event? ) Remember the clear drumset Sandy had ?!!! [img]cool.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jade Stone 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2003
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    LOL!! Not only do I remember it,I have it on VHS!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jade, you HAVE THAT? That's wild. I remember Joan wet from swimming (I think, i'm not really sure) and i remember flipping out that they were on TV, as in Commack, Long Island I felt like I was the only one that had ever heard of the band! To me it was like seeing The Beatles on Ed Sullivan when they came to America!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jade Stone 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2003
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    That I DO!! & the "wet scene" your talking about. Was Sandy`s swim meet..She WON of course!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •